The National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) has announced Saturday, June 6, 2026, as the date for the conduct of the 2026 National Common Entrance Examination (NCEE) into Technical Colleges nationwide.
The announcement comes amid a massive surge in enrollment at Federal Technical Colleges, which rose by more than 300 per cent last year following the introduction of attractive incentives by President Bola Tinubu’s administration to promote Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET).
The incentives include free tuition, free feeding, free accommodation, and a monthly stipend of ₦22,500 for students enrolled in Federal Technical Colleges—measures that have renewed interest in technical education across the country.
Speaking at the NABTEB headquarters in Benin City, the Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of the Board, Dr. Mohammed Aminu Mohammed, said registration for the 2026 NCEE would open on Monday, January 26, 2026, and close on Sunday, May 24, 2026.
Dr. Aminu reaffirmed NABTEB’s readiness to conduct a smooth and transparent examination, stressing that the Board had strengthened its administrative and technological systems to guarantee a seamless registration process.
According to him, TVET remains a critical pillar in Nigeria’s education and skills development strategy, particularly in addressing youth unemployment and bridging the skills gap in key sectors of the economy.
“We have put in place comprehensive measures to eliminate bottlenecks, enhance nationwide access, and uphold the highest standards of examination integrity,” he said.
He explained that the four-month registration window was a deliberate policy decision aimed at giving candidates ample preparation time, reducing congestion on the registration platform, and easing financial and logistical pressure on parents and guardians.
The extended timeline, he added, would also enable schools to properly guide prospective candidates through the registration process.
Dr. Aminu, however, cautioned candidates and parents against using unauthorised agents, cyber cafés, or third-party platforms for registration, warning that such practices could jeopardise their chances of participation.
He assured Nigerians that the 2026 NCEE would be conducted nationwide at approved examination centres, in line with NABTEB’s commitment to credibility, efficiency, and fairness.
